The attorneys at Berte Advocaten are all active in the field of criminal law. Criminal law is one of the main specialisations of our law firm in Tilburg.
Criminal law is different from other law specialisations due to the fact that the procedure is not initiated by the (alleged) victim but it is the Prosecutors Office on behalf of the society who presses charges. The attorneys at Berte Advocaten plea the defense. Both pro bono (state-funded legal aid) and on a paid basis, our attorneys assist suspects across the country.
Some situations in which we can be of service to you are:
- You received a subpoena and have to appear in court
- You received a penalty decision do not agree with the decision that has been taken
- Your son or daughter has been invited for a so-called OM-zitting or must appear in juvenile court
- You have been convicted of a criminal offence and you want to appeal your case
- You want your seized goods back
- You want your driver's license back
- You want compensation for the time you spent in detention
- You are detained and want to know your rights
- You would like assistance in obtaining a Certificate of Conduct