Relocation of main residence

The INS may revoke the residence permit if the foreign national has relocated his main residence to a town or city outside the Netherlands. Most of the time the municipality is the one that informs the INS about the relocation of a foreign national. The municipality will notify the INS of any changes in their registers. The information provided by the municipality is not always correct. Sometimes a third person did the deregistration and sometimes accidentally the foreign national forgot to register.

Since 2014, a long-term prison sentence in another country is treated similar to relocation of the main residence.

If the INS wants to revoke the residence permit, the INS will take a preliminary decision first. If you receive such a decision, please contact us immediately. We have a great deal of experience in this area and can give you solid advice.


Do you have any questions?

We are here for you!